Friday, April 10, 2020

Sikhs Inspiring Again

I have complained earlier about being an Asian person in the time of the virus. I have complained about being mistaken for Chinese, while not being Chinese myself.

Recently, I watched this clip from the Daily Show, about Sikhs being mistaken for Muslims. Individual Sikhs have sadly been attacked and killed ever since 9-11. Of course, the irony in this historically Sikhs and Muslims have battled against each other in the past, and Sikhs have also been targeted by Islamic terrorist groups.

Despite that fact, they are not overly invested in trying to distinguish themselves from Muslims to escape Islamaphobia. They refuse to "throw Muslims under the bus." This clip is meant to be comedy, but Sikhs are often like this in real life. It's shown me how I want to approach things in the future when it comes to issues like this one.


"Even if it means things are harder for us, we believe it's the right thing to do."

1 comment:

  1. If we all had the strength and beliefs of that decent man, we could actually turn our swords into plowshares.

    ReplyDelete