Tuesday, January 21, 2020

Moving Forward

So it took me 2 weeks to (mostly) recover from the flu. Hurrah!

I haven't been meditating like I regularly did last year. For the past few weeks, I've noticed the difference. I've been starting to feel stressed out. My mind has been running with all sorts of anxious thoughts.

So I decided to start my regular sits again. I did a 45 minute sit yesterday and the effect was almost immediate. It was as if the problems I thought I had vanished into thin air.

Again, it's not that meditating "fixed" any of those problems. It's more like after 45 minutes of focusing on my breath, I stepped away feeling the things I thought were problems weren't actually problems at all.

For a worrier like me, this is a pretty neat trick.






3 comments:

  1. So glad you have beaten the flu.
    Hum, I haven't tried meditation, maybe I should. That was great results you got.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually just finished a book about meditation on Ram Dass and thought of you. I a review of it...in case you're curious.

      Delete
  2. Thanks Patti! Meditation changed my life. There are many different types, sometimes it takes a while to find one that works for you.

    ReplyDelete