Wednesday, January 1, 2020

Starting 2020 with A Course In Miracles

I saw mention of this on another blog and was intrigued.

I'm not Christian but am fascinated with how the exercises and viewpoints in ACIM are similar (though not identical) to viewpoints you'll find in Buddhism, Sikhi, Sufism etc.

So I tried the first lesson for students and am thinking of trying a lesson for the rest of the year.

It's interesting hearing the terms of God, the Son, and the Holy Spirit crop up again in my areligious life, but as I've explored it seems like many paths embrace common themes. Oneness with everything, self-transcendence, the idea of the ego as our primary illusion-maker, doing nothing, etc.

The exercises seem easy and brief enough that it seems like it requires no huge commitment. I did look at some of the later exercises and it seemed like they had a lot of Biblical terminology. I'm told they symbolize something different than what's originally taught in church, but I guess we'll see.


No comments:

Post a Comment